Thursday, April 3, 2008

Evolution & Onslaught


Ever since I first saw a video from Dove's Campaign for Real beauty, I've been intrigued by their efforts to raise questions about our social and cultural perceptions of beauty.

Their most famous video is "Evolution", which many of you have probably seen before:



However, their newest is “Onslaught”, which is also really good:



And then there are some older ones. In my opinion, "True Colors" has the best cover ever of Cyndi Lauper's 1986 hit, though unfortunately they've never released it as a full track:



And last but not least, here's a video from Dove's pro-aging campaign:



If only more companies were doing interesting and socially relevant advertising projects like these.

3 comments:

steven said...

it's okay, chris. if you like fat girls, you can admit it!

steven said...

I submit this to your list.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't ever seen "Onslaught." How horrifying. I always wonder how the cycle began... we raise kids with poor self-esteem, then spend loads of time and effort building it up, and it seems to help, but I wonder if there are really any "whole" people out there anymore.